Hi! I am Raul Cristian Aguirre. Welcome!
If you really really want to know more about me, well, you asked for it. Here is the bio I use in presentations:
- Founder and CEO of Tango/04 – Barcelona/04 Computing Group for 25 years
- Master of Science in Computer Science, EO/MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) Entrepreneurship Master Program graduate
- Graduated at the Superior Institute of MorphoPsychology (ISM, Barcelona)
- Certified Scrum Master
- Trained Demartini Method Facilitator
- President of the Board of the Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) – Barcelona Chapter (2012-2014, 2016-2017)
- More than 30 years of experience in Information Technologies, Entrepreneurship and Leadership
- Ex-faculty professor at Buenos Aires Engineering University, current professor at the Lean Startup Creation post-graduate course at the Universidad Politécnica de Catalunya (UPC)
- Future thinker, creator and innovator, designer of award-winning technologies such as the APEX Award of Penton Technology Media for VMC, USA, 2004; IBM Magazine Honor Roll for VDW, 2000, and more. His software products were recognized by Gartner, Inc. and other institutions and were sold in more than 50 countries to some of the largest global corporations. His company was recognized with the IBM ALL STAR Award five years in a row (1997-2001) for outstanding quality and service. He also successfully directed several innovation projects awarded with European Union Funds (PROFIT program)
- Frequent speaker at international conferences, including TEDx, Gartner events, Internet World, Midrange Expo, COMMON (USA, Europe, LA), Internet Global Congress, etc. and entrepreneurial and corporate events
- Speaker at several universities around the world. Won several awards and recognition as a speaker both in English and Spanish
- Author of dozens of articles and white papers, published in eWeek, ServerNews, pzi, Windows TI Magazine, CXO Community, BSMdigest and several other magazines (and, by the way, this very blog)
- Also a poet, cinema enthusiast (director, writer), actor, (still active) soccer goalkeeper, avid reader, proud father, and really bad chess player.